What just squirted something into my tank?

MarkH81

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bought some new corals for my tank yesterday, acans, zoas and a Duncan which have all settled in nicely. Only when I looked at one of the rocks today i noticed that there

was a small object shooting out bursts of a white substance into the tank. I’ve never seen anything like it and naturally I’m slightly concerned for my corals and fish not knowing what has now sprayed into the water. The same object has now slowly crawled away. I have attached a video and have captured 3 bursts. Can anyone let me know what this is and is it something I should be concerned about? Many thanks, Mark.
 
I'd say some type of spawning event.... But not sure what might be spawning from that video.
 
I can't load the video, but I agree that it sounds like something spawning. Look at videos of spawning snails to check. Harmless to the tank.
 
Hmm shooting milky white stuff. Now what could that be lololol
 

Attachments

  • 880D1E4A-2754-4C66-B841-31F5ADF869E4.jpeg
    880D1E4A-2754-4C66-B841-31F5ADF869E4.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 106

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new