what keeps you going on with this hobby?!?

my hobby is my life. in addition to the system i keep at home, i work at a reef specialty shop, do private tank maintenance, and help a friend maintain a 1200g public mixed reef display.

there is no "quit".
 
My enthusiasm for this hobby has never waned in the 6 1/2 years I've been involved. However, the past two years I finally stopped panicking whenever a coral, or corals exhibited rtn in spots, or cyan kicks up on occasion. I simply trudge on with consistent water changes, test to assure that the parameters are within acceptable ranges, and persevere. Consequently, the hobby is more enjoyable now than ever!
 
Competition..... the only reason I am in this hobby.


Oh yeah, and pretty bright colorful stuff.
 
ticking my wife of makes my laugh. See would love it to much if I sold my tank tomorrow she would smile for the rest of her life,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new