What kill my baby blue tang?

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I have put this baby blue tang in the qt for about 15 days. Copper reach therapeutic level on day 13. Yesterday, I notice it was not eating or swimming at all and just laying down. Today it’s dead with serious hole damage on the fin I have never seen before. Symptoms: head tweaking, mouth wide open ( it stayed open), not moving. Please let me know what it is because I have 5 other fishes already in the qt with 1.875 copper level. Thank you!
0C17BCD1-453D-4D8A-8D9C-3B5F12E2F32F.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other fish are in the quarantine with him? Was he getting bullied at all? Looks like he may have been getting beaten up a little bit.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang's belly looks a bit pinched to me (which could be post-mortem). When did you first notice that it wasn't eating, and had you seen it eat (and not spit out the food) in the past?

That hole in its side could be due to aggression, a bacterial infection, or the other fish picking on it after it passed.

~Bruce

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang's belly looks a bit pinched to me (which could be post-mortem). When did you first notice that it wasn't eating, and had you seen it eat (and not spit out the food) in the past?

That hole in its side could be due to aggression, a bacterial infection, or the other fish picking on it after it passed.

~Bruce
It stop swimming and eating yesterday then it die today. It was fine for like 2 weeks

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that looks like bullying and much of that is probably post-mortem.

Sorry for your loss :(

Blastonator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is the quarantine tank? I'd guess aggression as well from the purple tang. Maybe the blue tang also wasn't eating. But I wouldn't add a purple tang unless I didn't plan on adding any more fish. I also wouldn't put a purple tang in a QT with another tang.

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that looks like bullying and much of that is probably post-mortem.

Sorry for your loss :(
What size is the quarantine tank? I'd guess aggression as well from the purple tang. Maybe the blue tang also wasn't eating. But I wouldn't add a purple tang unless I didn't plan on adding any more fish. I also wouldn't put a purple tang in a QT with another tang.

Thanks for all the reply. I hope it was just the aggression. Since it was eating and swimming fine for 2 weeks. However, it was bumping its head to the pvc for like 2 days before it die. The qt is on full copper already. I hope it’s not uronema.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back