What kind of anemone should I be getting?

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when ya say strong lighting, what are we talking about?
BTA they benefit from lighting and they florescence. Under heavy dose of blues. They rely on photosynthesis, symbiotic with zooxanthellae. Zooxanthellae are photosynthetic algae living in cells of anemone. The algae photosynthesize and produce some carb and organic acid which it shares with anemone. This nutrition source helps much of the anemone nutrient requirements. Anemones tentacle are not just to grab prey or house clownfish but to maximize surface area for light for zooxan nutrition production. Anemone produce waste which also nurish zooxan, and so does clown produce and anemone takes it and shares with zooxan.
Inadequate lighting would suppress zooxan production occuring to bleaching event in nem and certain death if not taken care. Hence good lighting if you wanna keep long term.
Nems should be just acclimated to lighting as corals.

Last edited:

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA they benefit from lighting and they florescence. Under heavy dose of blues. They rely on photosynthesis, symbiotic with zooxanthellae. Zooxanthellae are photosynthetic algae living in cells of anemone. The algae photosynthesize and produce some carb and organic acid which it shares with anemone. This nutrition source helps much of the anemone nutrient requirements. Anemones tentacle are not just to grab prey or house clownfish but to maximize surface area for light for zooxan nutrition production. Anemone produce waste which also nurish zooxan, and so does clown produce and anemone takes it and shares with zooxan.
Inadequate lighting would suppress zooxan production occuring to bleaching event in nem and certain death if not taken care. Hence good lighting if you wanna keep long term.
Nems should be just acclimated to lighting as corals.

I probably shouldn't have jumped in on this thread, but since I'm also interested in getting a BTA I thought it was ok. What I mean by "what are we talking about?", is what is considered "strong lighting"? Is what I have strong enough for a BTA? Thanks for the above though, very interesting.

Back