What kind of coral is this?

pinocchio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased this coral and I’ve forgotten the name/type. Could someone help me ID pleas? It’s green with yellow ish green tips.
IMG_0821.jpeg

OP
OP
P

pinocchio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help! I loved it in the store, and love it even more in the tank.

A few follow up questions if you could help.

I just got a second gyre, so now I have flow going from back to front so there is an up flow. Is that fine for these guys? It’s tending to make the tentacles push up as shown in the photo. Previously I have the flow going length wise which gave it a better look, but it’s seems to be happy either way.

Lastly, do these split heads? Or just grow bigger?

NoohpyT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help! I loved it in the store, and love it even more in the tank.

A few follow up questions if you could help.

I just got a second gyre, so now I have flow going from back to front so there is an up flow. Is that fine for these guys? It’s tending to make the tentacles push up as shown in the photo. Previously I have the flow going length wise which gave it a better look, but it’s seems to be happy either way.

Lastly, do these split heads? Or just grow bigger?
would need a video for flow, usually these guys like medium to low flow but whatever you have it at looks good from that picture

these usually will split heads and grow, sometimes they can sprout new heads from their base of flesh (these usually die off due to lack of light) once they start splitting they grow pretty quick imo

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always treated them as euphylia.
Hammers, frogspawns, octospawns, and frammers shouldn't be treated as Euphyllia as they do not have the same care requirements as true Euphyllia and will get stung by them when placed nearby. Generally, corals of the same genera can be near each other; calling these corals "Euphyllia" might mislead people into thinking that they have the same care requirements or can be placed near true Euphyllia.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers, frogspawns, octospawns, and frammers shouldn't be treated as Euphyllia as they do not have the same care requirements as true Euphyllia and will get stung by them when placed nearby. Generally, corals of the same genera can be near each other; calling these corals "Euphyllia" might mislead people into thinking that they have the same care requirements or can be placed near true Euphyllia.
Pretty sure you can generally cluster any listed above together.

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure you can generally cluster any listed above together.
You can cluster hammers, frogspawns, frammers, and octospawns together as they are in the same genus, but they cannot be placed together with true Euphyllia (torches) as they will sting each other.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can cluster hammers, frogspawns, frammers, and octospawns together as they are in the same genus, but they cannot be placed together with true Euphyllia (torches) as they will sting each other.
Yes, torches don't tend to work and play well with others.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back