what kind of flatworm are these? they're swarmed on my sanded

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they're ghost flatworms which means they're harmless right? what can I get to eat them/ edit I meant sand bed in title sorry
edit 2 they're brown

tempImagegI19Js.png tempImageKXUOtT.png

Last edited:

GucciReefsExploda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it seems similar, I’ve had them were they reproduce rapidly but don’t touch coral, they covered my Zoas but then the zoas got super puffy the next day almost as if they ate the worms lol.. there are remidiese for these on YouTube… sixline wrasse I heard are awesome for them but i made the most of it, I could never keep a mandarin happy until I had them. Specifically the green target mandarin not the other one. He won’t be able to eat ‘em all but he’ll be a fat happy fish lol and I chose to suck them out every water change but use a 1/4 airline tubing connected to a small rigid tube and u can almost eradicate most of them that way. Then if it really is impacting coral I would use flatworm exit I believe melreeves comes to mind he might have done a video about it. But after u do the chemical get ready to wet skim and do water changes to get out the toxins released by the worms when they die. My advice but I know u will be able to live with ‘‘em or overcome them. Not the end of the world

OP
OP
N

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it seems similar, I’ve had them were they reproduce rapidly but don’t touch coral, they covered my Zoas but then the zoas got super puffy the next day almost as if they ate the worms lol.. there are remidiese for these on YouTube… sixline wrasse I heard are awesome for them but i made the most of it, I could never keep a mandarin happy until I had them. Specifically the green target mandarin not the other one. He won’t be able to eat ‘em all but he’ll be a fat happy fish lol and I chose to suck them out every water change but use a 1/4 airline tubing connected to a small rigid tube and u can almost eradicate most of them that way. Then if it really is impacting coral I would use flatworm exit I believe melreeves comes to mind he might have done a video about it. But after u do the chemical get ready to wet skim and do water changes to get out the toxins released by the worms when they die. My advice but I know u will be able to live with ‘‘em or overcome them. Not the end of the world
thank you tons for the response I really do appreciate it as ive been dealing with SO much stuff with this tank from algae taking over the tank for months (still dealing with this everyday), to a bubble in the seam and now this like I just got extremely unmotivated. so thank you, if you have any advice for algae ( I manually remove it and do regular water changes and change my filter socks often but nothing works ) I would love that I am so embarrassed of it. anyway, here are some more photos of them as I started removing them. but good to know about the target mandarin as ive been wanting one for awhile.

Attachments

• tempImageusFINl.png
    tempImageusFINl.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • tempImagemc6HxP.png
    tempImagemc6HxP.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 23

GucciReefsExploda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha same but only target!! don’t know y I tried the colorful mandarin without success… we’ve all been there I had a seem leak exactly 2 days before this past christmas.. almost stopped the hobby.. lost some coral but transitioned into a newer tank. um.. algae, is a big topic. Seems like filter socks, water change is what a lot do… there’s a lot of info using coral snow for Dino have to find out what algae it is. A lot of ppl like Uv sterilizers plumbed in. I think it’s hard because everyone has came out of it using the shut gun affect.. so can’t really narrow down what worked. You can also use filter socks and syphin into buckets using the socks and put the water back instead making new water each time If it’s a newer tank id def check nitrates.. if they bottom out at 0 I’ve noticed dosing nitrates helps keep dyno at bay.. could just be new tank syndrome, everything is trying to balance out. Good clean up crew helps snails crabs, etc. keep schedule regime if u do water changes weekly or bi-weekly just trying and be regimented so that way your tank isn’t always changing when u do your tests. Idk hopefully you can take something from all this info and find what works for ya

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back