What kind of paint for interior of stand?

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I painted the interior of our aquarium stand with 2 coats of Kilz primer. What kind of paint is best to go over that? Thanks.

sphinx15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Rustoleum High Perfomance enamel. It's a bit pricey, but it's super tough and the high gloss makes it really easy to clean.

Sand the Kilz so it's smooth then apply the enamel with a foam roller, should be about bulletproof.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine grade 2-part epoxy paint is pretty hard to beat for this purpose.

ComfortRacing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to Lowes and they have a paint that is called “storm” that is made to withstand water and salt abuse. Worked great and can be tinted to whatever color you want. PLUS, easy on the debit card. For the outside i used “wise owl” ceramic infused paint. It lays super flat and barely runs and is super durable but NOT cheap. Two part epoxy is very durable but hard on the lungs too depending on the type. Great for military helicopters though! Flex seal, i still want to build a screen door john boat with that stuff! All great ideas for the same end result.

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to Lowes and they have a paint that is called “storm” that is made to withstand water and salt abuse. Worked great and can be tinted to whatever color you want. PLUS, easy on the debit card. For the outside i used “wise owl” ceramic infused paint. It lays super flat and barely runs and is super durable but NOT cheap. Two part epoxy is very durable but hard on the lungs too depending on the type. Great for military helicopters though! Flex seal, i still want to build a screen door john boat with that stuff! All great ideas for the same end result.
For that screen door boat in their commercial, they used 99 cans, YES 99 cans of Flex Seal....good luck with that!....lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back