What kind of pump?

Reefer Noob

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2015
Messages
17
Reaction score
9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wanted to try and make my own protein skimmer for a 29 gallon bio cube. I have a 55 gallon sump. I may add another 20gallon tank to the sump. But what kind of pump should I buy for my diy protein skimmer? My design will be based around that
 
Maxijet pumps come with the attachments to add air lines and are fairly proven smaller pumps
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new