Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going all LED.
59” X 28” X 24” Cade 1500 S2

Considered a hybrid situation, but there are limited options to mount the fixtures to the tank which is what I’ll be doing and I settled on just LEDs. What are your opinions regarding LED lights for this tank?
I am thinking 3 lights to start. What 3 combos would you consider, Radion in the middle flanked by Kessils? Is there something to be said for utilizing only one brand as far as control and ease of use?

1. AP9X + Radion XR30 G6 + AP9X
2. APX X 3
3. Radion X 3
4. Other combos?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about kessil with reef Brite xho or ai blades? That my dream lighting setup

OP
OP
Bacon and Eggs

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I’ll look at that combo and get back with you. I’m looking for options and I’m unfamiliar with those. What are the mounting options for AI Blades?

OP
OP
Bacon and Eggs

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I’ll look at that combo and get back with you. I’m looking for options and I’m unfamiliar with those. What are the mounting options for AI Blades?
Can this easily mount to the back of a Cade 1500 S2? Pair with 3 X AP9X.

Attachments

• IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 20

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One 'issue' with the Cade tanks-Remember the built in rear ATO adds 4 inches to the back of the tank. So any light that is mounted to the back of the stand, very back wall of the tank, or wall mount will be effectively shifted backwards 4" as compared to a tank without the built in ATO. So you need to make sure the light hangar is long enough to center the light over the display portion of the tank (or get close enough for your preferences).

I was considering the AquaticLife Coral Cover with the floating wall mount to go over a Cade 1200, but I am concerned the light would be too far back relative to the tank. I may still do this light but some sort of custom mount.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a dense grid of Blades would be bright-just not much shimmer. Look at the BRS testing for PAR numbers.

OP
OP
Bacon and Eggs

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One 'issue' with the Cade tanks-Remember the built in rear ATO adds 4 inches to the back of the tank. So any light that is mounted to the back of the stand, very back wall of the tank, or wall mount will be effectively shifted backwards 4" as compared to a tank without the built in ATO. So you need to make sure the light hangar is long enough to center the light over the display portion of the tank (or get close enough for your preferences).

I was considering the AquaticLife Coral Cover with the floating wall mount to go over a Cade 1200, but I am concerned the light would be too far back relative to the tank. I may still do this light but some sort of custom mount.
I was wondering what the back looks like with the ATO. If it has a top on the ATO and how things clip on back there. I haven’t seen one in person yet.

OP
OP
Bacon and Eggs

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what the back looks like with the ATO. If it has a top on the ATO and how things clip on back there. I haven’t seen one in person yet.
I don’t have a wall really to mount via that option and don’t want to hang it from the ceiling. These bigger hybrid mounts like the AquaticLife Coral Cover don’t seem to have bank of the tank mounting options.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like bent electrical conduit mounted to the back of the stand would be a very flexible option in terms of spacing. I might do that or just hardware store shelf brackets.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back