Lighting options for Cade 1500 S2 reef tank

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve settled on purchasing a Cade 1500 S2 and I am researching lighting. My initial intentions are to showcase corals and less so inverts and fish. I would like your thoughts on optimally lighting a this reef tank. What lights or combination of lights are good options for this tank? I want to price this out before pulling the trigger on the tank. I’ve been out of the hobby for a long time so I’m unfamiliar with the market.

Thanks in advance

Russell

OP
OP
Bacon and Eggs

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping your post!
I’ve pulled the trigger on the 1500 S2 since the last post. I haven’t received shipping info yet. It doesn’t really matter I guess since I have to still purchase everything that’s not included with the tank, so it’s going to be a while regardless!

After researching lighting I’ve decided to go all LED. In part I want the control plus I want them mounted on the back of the tank for a sleek modern look. I am thinking eventually either 3 Kessil AP9Xs or maybe a Radion xr30 flank by the Kessils on each side. I’d like feedback though, bc it would be very expensive to go that route. I’ll probably start with the 2 Kessils to limited the blood letting.

BobbyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I just setup my case 1200 and went with a mixed lighting route. I’m running 2 Kessil a360x and 48” aquatic life dimmable t5.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 41

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back