What leds to use ?

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got a old styled Nanobox Tide fuge light,that had all white leds. I'm wanting to make it reef capable now,but here is the kicker.. It has a 24v power supply and 2 300mah ldd's.

I wouldn't mind running a v3.1 array from nanobox but don't think I can even run half of the array,or I can run a 18k blueacro array,or just throw some leds in from rapid.

Basically,at 24v my led options are limited which sucks,so what are some ideas ?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just don't run it over your nanobox.
Use a separate light/stand alone.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait,do what ?!

Sorry my bad, I was reading the Nano only but you have a light with only white lights and wants to add blue to them if I understand correctly now.
It's not impossible but a lot of work.
You can maybe add some small reefbright LED strip to that.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my bad, I was reading the Nano only but you have a light with only white lights and wants to add blue to them if I understand correctly now.
It's not impossible but a lot of work.
You can maybe add some small reefbright LED strip to that.

Not really a lot of work,but the hardest part is figuring out the spectrum with the little bit of leds I can use. The amount of space I have to work with is limited too. Thats the only downfall.

Fishhands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to contact dave at nano box? He's such a helpful person from what others have said. From what ive heard he stands by all his work.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to contact dave at nano box? He's such a helpful person from what others have said. From what ive heard he stands by all his work.

I have a thread open in his forum on the NR site too,but haven't gotten any help yet. Its either run a v3.1 array but only the royal,violet and mint channel OR get a blueacro 18k half mega or the violet pro halfmega both of those need 24v and thats all I've got so I would be good powersupply wise.

Fishhands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know anything about that stuff. Why can't you run a full v3.1? Could you run an older version?

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know anything about that stuff. Why can't you run a full v3.1? Could you run an older version?

Even at 350mah,the voltage will surpass 24v with just the royals,violets and whites and thats on the v3 idk what the voltage is for the v3.1 I asked and waiting to hear back.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back