What light for AIO IM 50 gallon lagoon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tinklez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tinklez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2025
Messages
230
Reaction score
100
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best lights to get to be future proof and work for all softies, LPS and SPS for a full mixed reef? Hoping to buy soon for Black Friday deals
 
I have two xr15 - I would consider this a minimum for sps dominant and I’ll be adding a blade as well. For anything other than full sps two xr15 would be plenty. I ran a single for a while but a pair of them evened out the coverage and did away with some shadowing. I would assume similar results from Kessil a360x (maybe more hot spots or slightly less coverage since they are more of a point light source) but supplemental lighting is always available down the road
 
Thanks for the reply! For Black Friday I got a single XR 30 pro. I like the look of a single light vs having two, but know there may be shadowing. So you think with this light I’ll need any additional bars?
 
Thanks for the reply! For Black Friday I got a single XR 30 pro. I like the look of a single light vs having two, but know there may be shadowing. So you think with this light I’ll need any additional bars?
A single xr30 will definitely give you higher par numbers. From a coverage standpoint more light sources are usually better. I’m only adding supplemental lighting to address some shading issues. Not much of an issue with tiny frags but once they start to grow out
 
When the light hits the US I will be putting the new Straton X over my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new