What light system for a 46 bow on a budget?

Dannyboy0076

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
138
Reaction score
17
Location
Monroe, Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Well my problem i've been going round and round on for a month is what light to buy for this 46 bowffront. First a few details. 46 bow RR, Eshopps 3rd gen R-100, Skimz SM 123 skimmer, 2 jebao rw-4's, mag 7 return. I plan on it being an SPS dominant reef with a few small fish like a chalk bass, tang, maybe firefish and a small wrasse.

I wish I could afford an ATI 36" 6 buld T5 but, I can't. For the record, I love T5's, but I've had success with MH's as well. So I'm leaning toward a cheapo 6 bulb T5 fixture with ATI bulbs. If I could put individual reflectors in this fixture it woould be ideal, I just don't know if that's possible. I'm also thinking about 2 Mars Aqua or similar LED fixtures. The LED's would actually be cheaper than the T5 setup but I want to make sure I can grow any SPS I want. So, what would you guys do? Which system would you buy and why? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Danny
 
The Mars units will do you just fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new