What lighting should I get for my 40g cube??

The_Underwater_Gardener

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I need advice on what lighting I should get for my tank I just started. It’s 21.5x21.5x21.5”. Would one AI Prime HD be okay? I’ve heard different things from different LFS. I was told that if I got one it would have to be on max all the time, would the fan be loud if that was the case? My budget would allow me to get two AI primes HD or one Ecotech xr15 Pro. What would be better? Could I get away with one AI prime HD?
d1c0c5daa5aeb5f045fb70ff27fcc528.jpg
 
Hello all, I need advice on what lighting I should get for my tank I just started. It’s 21.5x21.5x21.5”. Would one AI Prime HD be okay? I’ve heard different things from different LFS. I was told that if I got one it would have to be on max all the time, would the fan be loud if that was the case? My budget would allow me to get two AI primes HD or one Ecotech xr15 Pro. What would be better? Could I get away with one AI prime HD?
d1c0c5daa5aeb5f045fb70ff27fcc528.jpg
I like the idea of 2 ai prime hds especially if you wanted to grow branching sps or acros. Otherwise the xr15 would be awesome on a LPS dominant tank. Dont think im saying the xr15 cant grow sps. One unit creates so much shadowing for branching sps, they just wouldn't grow the best without two units.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new