What makes a chalice a "mummy eye?"

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillyC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Usually when it has an orange or pinkish eye.....typically with a greenish body from what I have seen. That said, given how vendors are constantly coming up with new names.....I doubt all will stick to the traditional naming convention.

cheers,
Darren
 
Would this be considered a mummy-eye type chalice?

6d8d45d8.jpg
 
I'd consider it a Mummy Eye if it has lineage back to the Mummy Eye.
 
I'd consider it a Mummy Eye if it has lineage back to the Mummy Eye.

Which mummy eye? I know this isn't the original ME, oregon ME, or anything already named. Its a wild piece. To me "mummy eye" is like saying "watermelon," which is just descriptive. No?
 
Which mummy eye? I know this isn't the original ME, oregon ME, or anything already named. Its a wild piece. To me "mummy eye" is like saying "watermelon," which is just descriptive. No?

You're absolutely right. My above response was a bit premature. For some reason, I had my head stuck on the Original ME. Apologies!
 
I consider a mummy eye a chalice that has a body color that is green or a green morph(some mummy eyes are orange/green) and has red,pink,or orange eyes. Also the body must be solid,and not have a darker base color.

In my mind I would not consider the chalice in the picture you posted a mummy eye but I consider this chalice a mummy eye so you have some reference to what I am trying to describe,hahaha.

Forsale_3.jpg
 
I consider a mummy eye a chalice that has a body color that is green or a green morph(some mummy eyes are orange/green) and has red,pink,or orange eyes. Also the body must be solid,and not have a darker base color.

In my mind I would not consider the chalice in the picture you posted a mummy eye but I consider this chalice a mummy eye so you have some reference to what I am trying to describe,hahaha.

I like this man, "body must be solid, not have a darker base color." That would def rule out the chalice I posted and makes sense because that also rules out chalices like the BGM that are green w/ orange pinkish eyes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new