What music do your corals listen to??????

oceaninabox

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
603
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont laugh!!!!! I know it may seem strange but studies have shown that plants growth have responded to the soothing sounds of soft music. Well, I thought I would take it a step further. Over time I have aquired a variety of zoanthid colonies which have lost there coloration. Mostly the deep blue zoas and some of the super pinkies. I also have had a problem with the happy samhaines tiny red zoas just dying and melting away. Well, about a month ago I put all of them in one tank and above the tank plugged in a tiny am/fm radio. I starting playing music for them 24/7 and have been monitoring the progess. I have not seen as much progress as I was looking for with the blues(yet), but I have seen much progress with the happy samhaines. They have actually fully come back and are looking good once again. I will continue to monitor and let you know if there are any changes in the blue zoas. I will know because I have had them in the tank for almost 6 months prior with no difference and they are currently browned out. I also have stuck a few pieces of dull looking SPS in there just for kicks.
Music type: Christian Alternative:cheers:
 
I have thought about putting on some slow romantic music for my clowns since they don't seem to be in the mood yet. I do turn on the radio in the coral room when I'm going to be working for any length of time such as fragging. It is usually Sunday morning and old time country gospel is on during that time. Maybe it will "Save" a few frags that wouldn't have made it otherwise.

Jack
 
I am thinking that a little Bob Marley is fitting for my tank considering the nice lazy growth of my corals :)
 
Mine get a good mix from Kirk Franklin to Aerosmith
 
Mine play their own music.....
 
Mostly movies provided by sony surrond sound , Rock and Roll ( Ozzy , Zepplin , Sabbath , and alot of new stuff). Then my Beautifull wife's LOUD mouth. And a pic of my 6 yr old who will always be like a 2 yr old , ear piercing , mind numbing , nerve testing , beauty we call Paridy. Cant spell but its french for paridise , Red Bellied Brazilian Macaw. She loves fresh fruit and medium rare meat of any type but fish.






vegasnyny2005-3-800002.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new