What my hippo doing?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed the tank 15 mind ago, and was watching my tank, noticed this behavior from my hippo tang? Going to surface gulp a bubble and goes down



Is that normal? Or what’s going on?

Alk:9.2
Ph:8.21
Temp:77F
Mag:1356
Calc:466
Phosphate:0.20
Nitrate:13.6
 
He's feeding on a fleck of food that's floating... mine does this exact thing a million times a day until the waterline is clear of food
 
exactly the same behaviour here, mine goes to the surface too and gets some air that he releases on his way down, always after feeding...
 
Par for the course, just wait till he grows up and starts splashing everything.
 
I fed the tank 15 mind ago, and was watching my tank, noticed this behavior from my hippo tang? Going to surface gulp a bubble and goes down



Is that normal? Or what’s going on?

Alk:9.2
Ph:8.21
Temp:77F
Mag:1356
Calc:466
Phosphate:0.20
Nitrate:13.6

Hippos are a really dumb fish to be honest lol normal behavior for them
 
Hippos actually make better decisions than most 14-19 yr old teenagers though
Oh no argument there lol I used to be a school officer!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new