What other fish to add?

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 70g rimless tank with a few fish in it but wanted some more active fish. i have a mixed reef with a focus on SPS and euphilia.

Current stocking is:

White tail tang
One spot fox face
Black ice clown
Black storm clown
Pink streak wrasse
Cleaner shrimp
Fire shrimp
A few snails

On paper it seems like a lot but clowns stay top corner, foxface stays tucked in rocks, pink streak stays pretty hidden and my white tail darts between rocks. Theres really no aggression and they all come out for food together and eat nori no problem. is there room for more fish? What could you add?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents, I wouldn't add anything to be honest. Your tang and foxface are going to grow along with your corals so besides the risk of your system getting over crowded thier increased food intake should provide enough urea and ammonia for your corals. And I'd paln on rehoming them eventually.

OP
OP
slythy

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My 2 cents, I wouldn't add anything to be honest. Your tang and foxface are going to grow along with your corals so besides the risk of your system getting over crowded thier increased food intake should provide enough urea and ammonia for your corals. And I'd paln on rehoming them eventually.
I think I just really like flame angels and Blue mandarins. Im unsure if with the pink streak I have enough pods to have both hunting all day. But a flame angel would be the splash of color I’m looking for.

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 70g rimless tank with a few fish in it but wanted some more active fish. i have a mixed reef with a focus on SPS and euphilia.

Current stocking is:

White tail tang
One spot fox face
Black ice clown
Black storm clown
Pink streak wrasse
Cleaner shrimp
Fire shrimp
A few snails

On paper it seems like a lot but clowns stay top corner, foxface stays tucked in rocks, pink streak stays pretty hidden and my white tail darts between rocks. Theres really no aggression and they all come out for food together and eat nori no problem. is there room for more fish? What could you add?
I would not add another fish in this tank. U could only try small fishes ( of semi aggresive temperament)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I just really like flame angels and Blue mandarins. Im unsure if with the pink streak I have enough pods to have both hunting all day. But a flame angel would be the splash of color I’m looking for.
I wouldnt add anything nearly as large or active as a flame angelfish. You may find yourself needing to rehome the foxface as well depending on size but many do well in tanks around 75 gallon for a few years, so you probably have time.
I would suggest 2 extra fish as the max depending on nitrates and phosphates currently, but only small or non active fish. Something like a small goby, small blenny or springeri damselfish.
Mandarin may work as well due to it being a not too active fish, but I would purchase it small and probably tank bred

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back