What other flasher wrasse should I add?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,641
Reaction score
67,823
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 180 gallon mixed reef. Right now I have the paracheilinus carpenteri. I know I will be adding a p. mccoskeri, but now I am trying to decide on one other to add. Which one will be the most colorful to add to the trio? The ones available right now are:
  • Paracheilinus lineopunctatus
  • Paracheilinus angulatus
  • Paracheilinus filamentosus
  • Paracheilinus flavianalis
The p. filamentosus is the least expensive (which makes him pretty attractive to me) but I would like to get one that’s really going to look nice with the others. Please let me know what you guys think.
 
Ok...now I'm looking more seriously at the Paracheilinus lineopunctatus
 
They are all pretty unique and different from the two you have (well except the P. flavianalis, that one I would probably not do as it is close in appearance to the other two). So from there, it is up to you to chose which one you like best!
 
Indeed a great choice. Pictures really does not do them any justice
 
Ok...now I'm looking more seriously at the Paracheilinus lineopunctatus
That would be my choice, they really are amazing little fish. The red tail is cool too but the line spot is awesome!
 
Thanks guys! Looks like I'm adding a linespot flasher!
 
If its not too late to chime in, my vote would be for p. filamtosus,because he develops the trailers on his tail, whereas lineopunctatus has the paddle shape tail like your current flashers have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new