What product or concoction do you use to dip coral prior to adding them into your aquarium?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What product or concoction do you use to dip coral prior to adding them into your aquarium?

imagesqtbnANd9GcQuu0f3fsTK2xVzp6zbI.jpg

image via Marc Levenson

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked about this before....Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer....4 mls per 500 mls of tank water. You get a life-time supply (40 oz) for about $12. It's "safe" and based on nicotine...a neurotoxin to the little buggers that infest our corals.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a small plastic container, add some salt water from the display tank and dip with Revive.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for Bayer here. Works great and IME is easier on most SPS with less browning out.

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for Bayer here. Works great and IME is easier on most SPS with less browning out.

Ditto! I used Bayer on a large acro shipment a while back and wow. The amount of critters that fell off were astonishing. And I didn't lose a single thing from the dip...the few that I did lose were already in bad shape to start with and I credit those losses to general stress of overseas transit. I have since used it multiple times before adding any new SPS and I'm thoroughly satisfied :D

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 3.7%
Back