What salt?

motownjc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been using red sea coral pro.
Looking to see if fritz is just as good.

Anyone have any experience with both salts?

I'm bout to start a new 43 gallon tank so want to make the switch before I start the new tank.

I'll have SPS and LPS in the tank

Hypnotoad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Tropic Marin Pro Reef because I actually have to add a tiny bit of Alk to the bucket to get it to my tanks level (9-ish). Seems like most other brands have really high alk.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Tropic Marin Pro Reef because I actually have to add a tiny bit of Alk to the bucket to get it to my tanks level (9-ish). Seems like most other brands have really high alk.
Thats exactly what I do but stop at 8.5. switched from Fritz which was good but like the Tropic Marin better.

Anthony Kochevar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I am using Coral pro, but it just seems off to me, lots of people on the various boards said they switched as well. Thinking of going back to Oceanic.

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

After going back forth on several (including reef crystals, Red Sea, Fritz, ESV and tropic marine) over last 15 years, I am back on tropic marine pro for good.

Sam

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will get just as many answers to this question of which salt is best as many members exist in this hobby.

All salts work in same manner. Only difference is levels of elements and there in no universal number for it either.

It's a personal preference. Red sea is a good salt but is getting more and more expensive while Fritz is not a bad salt mix.
I have used every type of salt out there pretty much and have decided to settle with Instant Ocean or liveaquaria brand or Fritz regular whichever one is on sale.

OP
OP
M

motownjc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the red sea just find it to be a little expensive and I am reading about fritz having the same or if not more high levels ALK

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back