What saltwater fish for 20 long?

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to ask what your goals for this tank are?Do you plan on adding more rock? What type of corals would you like to add? It’s important to try to get an idea of what your end goal is that way you can make the best decisions on fish ,invertebrates and corals that way nothing gets in the way of each other.

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on getting more rock and some soft corals and LPS corals. In the near future.
My suggestion before adding any more fish or anything else is to get your rock scape in order that way when you do introduce a fish it will find a comfortable place and not have to worry about moving it around and stressing it out

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience people usually do hermit crabs and snails as their cleanup crew but like I said you have to make sure you have enough for them to eat. I would maybe go by 1 to 2 per pound of rock you have

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also be getting some bottled bacteria soon.
Bottled bacteria won’t hurt but the sooner the better. It really comes down to letting your tank cycle and go through the algae blooms. With a tank your size depending on your filtration and the amount of rock has a lot to do with it as well. It should take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks to cycle. Every tank is different. You can add fish before it cycles but make sure they are rather hearty fish. You do want to keep her eye on your anemone because they do not like drastic changes in water. And during the cycling process the water changes a lot that’s why I think people were suggesting you take the anemone out of the tank because the rise and fall of levels will greatly affect it.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience is key and you still have the anemone to deal with so not for a month at least til you add the next fish. This tank has only been up less than a week, but was a tank transfer from a 5 gallon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back