What should I do with the evil fish

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I am frustrated from my undulate triggerfish now. I was so lucky that it want to suicide by jumping on carpet but I saved it. It killed my tangs and i decided to remove it. I hv donated it 6 times and every time it comes back to me. This time it had came back and I hv placed it in a 40 gallons tank where it is alone. This time it is itching and destroying rocks(actually freshwater dacor). What should I do with it? It also had a cloth piece on it's tail but how can I remove? It really wants kill me when I put my hands inside the tank. It was my biggest mistake. My lfs told me that it will be fine with tangs and Google also showed that. Unlucky!

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try posting it on Facebook marketplace or something along those lines?? Maybe somebody has a set up for aggressive fish thst would take it.

OP
OP
T

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try posting it on Facebook marketplace or something along those lines?? Maybe somebody has a set up for aggressive fish thst would take it.
Good idea but how can I remove the cloth from it's spiny tail. It is itching because of it and i think it also has Rectal Prolapse but it does not allow me to put hand under the tank

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good idea but how can I remove the cloth from it's spiny tail. It is itching because of it and i think it also has Rectal Prolapse but it does not allow me to put hand under the tank
I don’t understand how did the trigger get cloth stuck on its tail to begin with ?? Anyways we’ll come back to that. This is just off the top of my head but he sounds super aggressive so it’s a random idea but I’ve seen people dose a tub of water with a few drops of clove oil to essentially drug the puffer while they trim their beaks. It’s really common with freshwater puffers. You can see the videos on you tube. Anyhow perhaps you could do this with the trigger where you can handle it enough to remove the cloth? If you choose to attempt this please research it thoroughly first but it might be your best bet to avoid you or the fish from injury!

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the rectal prolapse I’m not sure what can be done. I’ve never had to deal with that hopefully one of the more experienced hobbyists concerning diseases and or injuries can help. You should try to get some decent photos of it to show them though.

OP
OP
T

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the fish look bloated at all? Sounds like something internal may be going on, possibly contributing to the aggression as well.

Pictures will help
It's anus is coming out. Noone can bully it. I'll try to get pics. It is staying on one spot and a cloth piece is there on it's tail which I am trying to pull. Can constipation cause this and itching? It also had got lympho this time so I'll first treat it then try to donate it to a healthy house. This time I made a big mistake donated it to bad house

Saltwater2370

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anther option would be to net it, wear a thick tank glove and set the net with the trigger in your glove to expose the tail while in the net then with your other hand and other glove holding some tweezers or firm tongs carefully pull of all the cloth and see if that’s why he’s so aggressive maybe he’s been trying to get that off of him. Not sure how long he’s had that on him but that would make him feel more content I’m sure.

OP
OP
T

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anther option would be to net it, wear a thick tank glove and set the net with the trigger in your glove to expose the tail while in the net then with your other hand and other glove holding some tweezers or firm tongs carefully pull of all the cloth and see if that’s why he’s so aggressive maybe he’s been trying to get that off of him. Not sure how long he’s had that on him but that would make him feel more content I’m sure.
Yup I donated it back after treating it for flukes. I pulled that cloth off with the same trick but it tried to pull me inside but I did it inside the water by trapping it between net and aquarium glass and then the hole which it made,I pulled that cloth out.

New owner hv promised me to keep it alone in a 75 g tank and I do keep visiting to see if the owner is not lying

Back