What should I look for in Glassware for testing and ?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, Im was looking for a set of Beakers and see many key descriptors and prices, Boro, Silica and
names like Karter, Pyrex, Corning. But with Prices ranging from $10 to $50 or more. I figured I'll ask those who know. My only real worry is getting something that is thin and cheap, also wikipedia mentioned one being easy to clean and another's resistant to acids .

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm not Randy but I ordered these a few years ago and have been happy with them. Granted they don't get a lot of use. I will say they are not indestructible and will lose the battle when dropped on a granite countertop. No need to ask how I know that.:mad:

Anyway, could be an option to look at. Although they may not be large enough depending on your planned use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UKICQS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for info, as what started as picking up one turned out to getting a set. I thought about soaking pumps and stuff to muriatic acid and thought the good stuff may be more better. But when i seen a set for $5 or 50$ I new there would be imitations and very thin copies, I did find this one and It sounds legit and IS a Pyrex item, others say pyrex but then switch. cost was under $30
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corning-Py...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Corning Pyrex 1000-PACK Low Form Beaker Set - 5 Sizes, 50, 100, 250, 600, 1000ml
Condition:
New

Quantity:
More than 10 available 215 sold / Buy another
s-l1600.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back