What should I run in my dual BRS reactor ? New tank 20g + 10g Sump

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a brand new Sicce 1.5 pump with a BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor for 40$ CAD on Market Place and I'm in the mist of building my Reef Tank sump plumbing and I had a couple of questions...
1. Can I only add filter floss and carbon instead of GFO + Carbon? (Extra filtration)
2. Should I run it from the start? Or do the plumbing and wait and see what my tank requires.
3. Can I put Marco Rock inside has a bonus bio media?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I would only run GFO and carbon. Filter floss needs to be removed frequently (and it will probably quickly clog up).
2. If you're going to run it independently with the Sicce pump, you don't need to plan it into your build.
3. You could - but you'd probably see more benefit just having the marco rock in the sump.

OP
OP
SomeHappyFish

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I would only run GFO and carbon. Filter floss needs to be removed frequently (and it will probably quickly clog up).
2. If you're going to run it independently with the Sicce pump, you don't need to plan it into your build.
3. You could - but you'd probably see more benefit just having the marco rock in the sump.
Cool! Is using GFO on a newly started reef tank a bad idea? I build a manifold already hehe. Cool then I might just make a refugium instead with the left over rocks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Is using GFO on a newly started reef tank a bad idea? I build a manifold already hehe. Cool then I might just make a refugium instead with the left over rocks
No, but I'd probably just run carbon initially and add the GFO later. Make sure you rinse both prior to placing in a reactor.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.4%
Back