What siphons do you use for water changes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aliu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aliu

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2015
Messages
89
Reaction score
49
Location
Queens, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I'm just starting out and will need to do my first water change pretty soon. I have a question about the siphons.

Can anyone recommend what they use?

I currently have a 14g biocube. But I will be moving into a bigger apartment next year October so I will then switch over to a 65-75 gallon tank.

Thanks!

Alex
 
I just use 1/2 inch flexible tubing. nothing special or fancy but it gets the job done :)
 
Most use this, or just a tubing into a bucket...
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewi...499d8sk2rf9SS4x8kiiBJaT_nFgj7eS0ZAaAqAC8P8HAQ
Aqueon-Water-Changer-25ft-99.jpg
 
I use a small pump and tubing long enough to reach from tank to container. Then reverse with pump in container to tank. No heavy lifting and very minimal mess.
I don't know if that would be overkill for a smaller tank. I'd probably still do it for ease of use, I s'pose.
 
whatever old tubing i have on hand....and a home depot bucket....maybe $7 in total spent
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new