What size sump for my 75 gallon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WIReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So I'm finally starting the tank up guys here's the progress so far just about got all my plumbing done and I went with the skimz up39 sump, added live sand and crushed coral today adding my rock tomorrow! Then hopefully my water Tuesday to start the cycle!



f02fca7c754f9302ae2655b83a54f5eb.jpg
474943cf7d2e2c284c3151b0d64c504a.jpg

40a8a6788de562747f25e3aef0982d51.jpg
 
I built the sump for my 75 using a 29 gallon Petco tank. A local glass shop cut 4 baffles for less than $20. I bought a CPR aquatics Sock-It to hold the filter sock and drain line. I've been pleased with it so far.

I wanted to use a 40 breeder but it won't fit under my stand.
I have the same size sump tank you bought and I have a glass store near by .
I’m new at the reef but not general saltwater fish that I have maintened without a sump.
I bought a reactor and fixing to get a skimmer that I was told had to be right next to the outlet on the reactor. Can you tell me what all you have in your sump and will I need the baffles ?
 
I built the sump for my 75 using a 29 gallon Petco tank. A local glass shop cut 4 baffles for less than $20. I bought a CPR aquatics Sock-It to hold the filter sock and drain line. I've been pleased with it so far.

I wanted to use a 40 breeder but it won't fit under my stand.
Hey DeepBrew, do u have any pics or dimensions on ur sump for ur 75 gal conversion? I'm in the process of converting my 75 gal freshwater to a salt predator tank. Also an update on the results and/or changes u would make knowing what u know now...

Thank you in advance
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new