What SPS would you pick and why?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
20,633
Reaction score
34,651
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, if you had to pick only 3 SPS and one of them HAD to be a Staghorn (Any species) for a Mushroom dominated tank, what would YOU pick? And why?
Here’s an idea on the rockwork I have to deal with (Plenty of room for coral, I’m planning to have two SPS corals on the side ledges).
The coral already in there/going in there are R. Yuma, R. Florida, A blue discosoma,
Front on photo:
image.jpg

Right side photo:
image.jpg

Left side photo:
image.jpg
 
It's a little dark, would you take a picture with the whites on?
 
Well I would not put any mushrooms in an acro tank period.
Many, not all, are invasive and when they release they will stress/kill whatever they touch.
I have been fighting them as they multiply as fast as I remove them.
Check my build for the damage they can do.
These green disco's are evil!
You can see the damage they have done to the red acro left of center.
20210927_142721.jpg
 
It's a little dark, would you take a picture with the whites on?
Yep, here.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I want to run lights on white now I won’t lie- Would that harm corals?
 
Well I would not put any mushrooms in an acro tank period.
Many, not all, are invasive and when they release they will stress/kill whatever they touch.
I have been fighting them as they multiply as fast as I remove them.
Check my build for the damage they can do.
These green disco's are evil!
You can see the damage they have done to the red acro left of center.
20210927_142721.jpg
This is 100% accurate. I have same issue with these mushrooms detaching or babies floating off and landing next to other corals and taking them out. You be surprised to see these mushrooms will kill most anything else. I will say I have had them sting almost every type of coral and the mushroom wins
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new