What stand dimensions or design for this tank would oyu do?

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i order one of these big boys and im super excited to have a cool cube shaped tank.
The overflow holes appear to be in the bottom which i have never worked with, im used to the holes in the back top of the tank bean style.
So i was going to make the stand out of 2x4s but now im not sure if the stand made at 36x36 would interfere with the overflow holes/pipes.
I could ask a friend about welding a metal frame but im not sure about a topper for metal stand.

any ideas for a stand or design?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just have to have a cut out on the top of the stand so the pipes can run through to the sump... As long as you use 2x4's vertically for the frame, there will be plenty of room. The glass is over 1/2 an inch thick and the distance from the inside glass to the pipes is clearly over an inch according to the schematic, so you should have no problem with the main stand structure interfering with the pipes.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i order one of these big boys and im super excited to have a cool cube shaped tank.
The overflow holes appear to be in the bottom which i have never worked with, im used to the holes in the back top of the tank bean style.
So i was going to make the stand out of 2x4s but now im not sure if the stand made at 36x36 would interfere with the overflow holes/pipes.
I could ask a friend about welding a metal frame but im not sure about a topper for metal stand.

any ideas for a stand or design?
if metal DIY maybe something like this?

1702267016773.png

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure to give yourself enough room to set a beer (or your favorite beverage) while you enjoy your tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
Bakedpwn

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure to give yourself enough room to set a beer (or your favorite beverage) while you enjoy your tank.
this is a big one for me. i really like having that lip i can set stuff on. ill probably have 3 or four inches on each side overhang

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back