What stores will have labor day sales?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeadEnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Other than BRS, does anyone know if other online stores will have big sales this weekend?
Some such as BRS, aquarium specialties and Aqua Cave have begun their sales
 
dang... Only some skimmers are on discount and not the ones I am looking for haha
 
What are we buying?
LOL! Does anyone need a cabinet to store their fish tank supplies in? Or maybe a side table to go next to their tank?
 
LOL! Does anyone need a cabinet to store their fish tank supplies in? Or maybe a side table to go next to their tank?
I have never seen a side table that looks good nest to a tank
 
I have never seen a side table that looks good nest to a tank
personally I am going with this:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/besta-...ack-brown-moertviken-black-s09426150/#contentBecause the bigger version already supports my 13.5 and my 6g tide pool.
IMG_9376.jpeg
 
I’ve actually been looking at those but in white, they have a nice galls door option
I went with the perforated metal because I have my chillers inside. I did drill the back and put some 4" computer fans to get the air flow. The glass doors are nice! Get the glass top it really makes a difference. Also I did use some wood glue and bracing to make sure everything stayed stable
 
I’ve actually been looking at those but in white, they have a nice galls door option
But I’d be cautious of putting anything over 10-15 gallons (at most especially saltwater) on any IKEA furniture or really anything other than a fish tank stand made to hold the weight.
 
Last edited:
But I’d be cautious of putting anything over 10-15 gallons (at most especially saltwater) on any IKEA furniture or really anything other than a fish tank stand made to hold the weight.
Hence, the glue/ extra bracing comment. Very few companies that manufacture stands use marine grade plywood. Most use some sort of MDF. I don't have a problem with the couple hundred pounds my Besta holds. Would I put a 40g on top? Sure with some engineering. But we are talking about a side cabinet.
 
Hence, the glue/ extra bracing comment. Very few companies that manufacture stands use marine grade plywood. Most use some sort of MDF. I don't have a problem with the couple hundred pounds my Besta holds. Would I put a 40g on top? Sure with some engineering. But we are talking about a side cabinet.
Oh wait duh lol! I mentioned it first.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new