What tank should I get guys ? Also what is your dream tank guys !!!!! tank budget is 8000$

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank budget was $2000, spent over $5k, my second tank budget was $5k and spent around $8k. My new home I built my dream setup; I budgeted $20k and spent close to $40k.

What i'm trying to say is, it's hard to budget "dream tanks" in this hobby! :)
So true
I meant like something else . Well you are very lucky congrats on perusing your passion and I’m very happy for you . Hope everything goes smoothly

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a build thread for your current set up? I'm going to be building a house in about 5 years and want to build in a dream setup also, I'm in the very early stages of gathering ideas and would be really interested in seeing a build thread from someone who's done something similar.
Cool I’ll think of that . Yeah I’ll probably do that actually . It will be interesting specially because I’ll be moving house at the same time as the build .
I’ll have to setup the tank before I move and then move to the house with my fish :) after (it’s cycled )

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a QT in a bad spot is still better than no QT, the reason people don’t recommend a qt under the stand is that there are some studies out there that say that copper medications can transfer through the air. Copper is used to three ich and velvet (not sure which the “white spot” you referred to is l, but it’s most likely one of those two). Even trace amounts of copper can be fatal to corals and inverts (shrimp, crabs, snails). If your qt is under your stand next to your sump the chances are higher that water could splash out of your qt into your sump, or copper could transfer via air, or you could accidentally put your hands from the qt to the sump and spread copper or fish disease to the main tank that way.

If you really can’t put it anywhere else than I would definitely get a lid for the qt, and make sure you go to the sink and wash and dry your hands every single time you touch the qt when there’s meds in it. Also look into Chloriquine phosphate (no idea if you can get it there, I’ve heard folks in the UK say they can’t get it, check with your vet). To use instead of copper, but some fish (like wrasses) can’t do CP, so you’ll have to do your research on it.

But really, do you want to risk killing hundreds or thousands or dollars of coral just for the convenience of not having a second tank visible? You’ve got plenty of budget, if you’re worried about a qt not looking good you could get one of the nanocubes or biocubes, they come in 12 gallon, 24 gallon and 30 gallon, they have hoods with integrated lighting and you can get stands made for them, the 12 gallon is tiny, you’ve gotta have a small corner somewhere in the house where you can put it. If you’ve got a home office they can go right on the desk top.
Very nice :)
thank you great advice !!!. I’ll call up my vets since. I have 5 cats I know many :) :) I’ll research first though don’t want to be harming my fish obviously . I’ve heard of cp before though but never really understood how it works . Nice :) !

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a build thread for your current set up? I'm going to be building a house in about 5 years and want to build in a dream setup also, I'm in the very early stages of gathering ideas and would be really interested in seeing a build thread from someone who's done something similar.
Oh current no sorry so sorry I’m very sleepy I misread .
Good luck with the build though

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back