What TDS is your tap?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefltx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

What is your tap tds?

  • 0-50

  • 50-100

  • 100-200

  • 200-300

  • 400-600

  • 600+!!


Results are only viewable after voting.
White Plains, NY
Tap Water:
38 TDS
pH 6.90
GH 2
kH 1
Fe 0


Nitrates near 0, but Phophates are pretty high, usually between 2-3ppm. Always had algae issues in my freshwater tanks when I used tap. With plants and filtration I could keep Phophates down to about 0.50ppm in the tank. Obviously I will use RO/DI for my reef.

For some of the numbers I have seen in this thread, wow! I cannot imagine even showering in it much less drinking it.

 
Thats suspiciously good... Im from Huntington Beach, my tap is 350 - 450 depending on the day. 0 TDS after RO/DI.

Yea I was surprised too, I tested my friends house too which was the next city over and he had 140. But his home runs a water softener so not sure how it would effect the results.

White Plains, NY
Tap Water:
38 TDS
pH 6.90
GH 2
kH 1
Fe 0


Nitrates near 0, but Phophates are pretty high, usually between 2-3ppm. Always had algae issues in my freshwater tanks when I used tap. With plants and filtration I could keep Phophates down to about 0.50ppm in the tank. Obviously I will use RO/DI for my reef.

For some of the numbers I have seen in this thread, wow! I cannot imagine even showering in it much less drinking it.

I always heard NY has good water and NJ has horrible water. I'ma be in those states next week ima test the NJ water lol
 
Last edited:
Over 500 in Phoenix....my DI does not last very long.
 
I always heard NY has good water and NJ has horrible water. I'ma be in those states next week ima test the NJ water lol

Nice. That reminds me, I am heading to Buffalo, NY in a couple weeks to see family. They always had high Nitrates in their tap water. My Dad’s freashwater tank always had bad algae. Never tested the TDS, so I am going to bring the meter with me.
 
100 tds well water in Delaware
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new