What temp and salinity do you keep in your reef tank?

Mustangtodd97

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2017
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly new to the hobby. Just wanting to see what everyone is is doing, and possibly the reasoning behind it. I shoot for 78 degrees, and 1.024. I have some zoas, lps, and sps. Also a pair of clowns, a yellow sailfin tang, and a blue damsel.
 
35PPT for salinity and currently 82F for temp.
 
78.8° (26°) is easiest for me to maintain during the summer months so that is where it stays all year. I try to maintain salinity of 35ppt but 33.5-35 is more typical; I'm really trying to get this more consistent but my ATO has been resisting lately (having an issue with the connector on one of the float sensors).
 
35 ppt and 78F for me.
 
1.026 and 78
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new