What temp. was your water.

coralfarm123

INDMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a large box from Vivid on Tuesday. The styro box was taped around, it had 6 or 7 heat packs in there and they were still warm to touch. Also the box was full of peanuts. The shipment basically traveled through the whole country... from CA to NC... was shipped around 6pm ET and arrived to me 1pm ET next day, so under 24 hours of travel time.

I'm expecting 3 shipments next week and will take better notes.

I think the larger boxes definitely help with enough oxygen, but you need a bunch more heatpacks to control temp. Shipping is crazy high for the average guy on a large box like this, but the vendors get deals for their volume.

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the larger boxes definitely help with enough oxygen, but you need a bunch more heatpacks to control temp. Shipping is crazy high for the average guy on a large box like this, but the vendors get deals for their volume.

Very true. In my case the box was full of bags. I had different types of CUC to add to my existing ones, a few star fish and some frags, so the box was completely filled with bags.

Last week I bought a male Bellus Angel from Divers Den and it came in a huge box as well. The styro in that box was thicker than I've ever seen, had peanuts in there and also was taped shut. The fish was bagged in 4 bags (those thick with black bottom). Maybe they only use that large box with a large bags for DD items? Water in the bag was still nice and warm.

gioNVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you're hearing now:bigsmile:. Everything was in good condition. The box was warm and I was suprised at the temp. I think that it was in a cold location for a period of time (outside temps were in the 20's) before being delivered. The next morning...

IMG_05371.jpg

Nice! :) Glad they are doing well. Frags look great.

Ultimateaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did an experiment. A pre heated pack went completely cold in around 1/2 hour in a ziplock bag. When I cracked it back open slightly, it heated up in about the same amount of time. It seems these don't require a lot of oxygen, but do need some.

I tried something else with this. I blew into the bag from a distance to fill it, then closed it. The temp jumped in just a couple minutes. I'm waiting to see how long the temp takes to drop with limited air in the bag vs none.

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back