What test kits should I be using?

Erick Merfeld

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2015
Messages
141
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I am using API test kits. What test kits are the most accurate? What do you guys suggest using?
 
Like red sea did test with api and red sea same time different results .of also ran api test more than once got different results each time not sure if that's normal but red sea seams very accurate.but everyone has there own opinion
 
I would guess red sea would be more accurate. Except for their phosphate test kit which is terrible.
 
All depends on what you plan on running the tank. Is your going SPS then I'd change from API.
Hanna Low Range Phosphate Checker
LaMotte for the rest
 
From the research I did all the phosphate test kits produce results that are hard to desern what the color is. So I went with the hanna checker, which is great but doesn't come with a lot of tests.
 
Ive found Salifert test kits to be the easiest to use and fairly accurate. I have used them all and keep going back to Salifert. If you're just starting off get the Mg, Alk,Ca, PO4 and NO3. These should give you a good idea of where you're at. Down the road if you want to keep more sensitive corals like Acros then look into the ultra low range hanna checker to keep a closer eye on PO4.
 
I used API first, now I am using Red Sea for over 2 years. I am more happy with Red Sea
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new