What the heck am I doing wrong with SPS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdx7214
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks for the advice! I've got a couple of test kits on order to try some alkalinity testing a couple of times a day to watch for swings. I guess I'm going to have to break down and try to figure out the confusing options of icp tests now lol.
Considering all given things,I've been pretty lucky with charting daily measurements of pH,sal,ALK,an the usuals . I've found keeping stable things weren't a bad idea but not chasing numbers. I just took my things in priority and started with water changes,clean filters,an regulated feeding. Kept as much of the variables into consideration. Then the pia part daily tests with api an Hannah tests. Kept track ,same time of day testing!
After the first month I could stretch testing to once weekly( water changes every 2 weeks). Checked( tested) 24hrs after water changes. Kept it uniform an simple. Once things stayed consistent maintenance an checking got easier!
My ALK runs pretty much 8.5 +- 1point
Sal always 1.027 pH 8.3-5. Phos an other tests well within spec. Granted everyones tank is different but that's how I got to "stable". Fish an coral are happy,growth is good!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new