what the heck Coralvue

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I come home neither of my gyres is running. Come to find out it's because CoralVue updated the software on the WaveEngine and there was no continuity for the pumps to keep running?? Now all the modes & settings I've done are all sorts of messed up and who knows how long my pumps weren't running. What gives?

Bradley2448

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old main pump finally gave up on me two days ago and I’ve been relying on my 4K gyre to keep the tank going while new pump is en route, I come home from work today to the same issue as yours and my tank completely still. Needless to say I’m incredibly frustrated trying to figure out how to reconfigure it as well.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did you’ll update your Wave Engine? Read the attached link from last Tuesday. Hopefully it helps.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app can automatically update, that is based on phone settings but the firmware must be manually downloaded and installed.

Are you absolutely sure it just auto updated? I ask because that should not happen.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vers 186? I'm absolutely positive I did not update it myself.

Yes, the latest is 186. Very interesting. Maybe you stumbled on a bug. I know for a fact the firmware update has to be done manually. Maybe put in a service ticket at CoralVue’s site so they can look into it. Are you a member of the Hydros forum? If not, please join and make a post over there.

Forum.coralvuehydros.com

OP
OP
C

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the latest is 186. Very interesting. Maybe you stumbled on a bug. I know for a fact the firmware update has to be done manually. Maybe put in a service ticket at CoralVue’s site so they can look into it. Are you a member of the Hydros forum? If not, please join and make a post over there.

Forum.coralvuehydros.com
I'm not and I will. Just to make sure I'm not out of my mind did that firmware drop this week?

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not and I will. Just to make sure I'm not out of my mind did that firmware drop this week?

Yes, beginning of the week. The app could happen automatically but what concerns me is the firmware should not. Join the forum. People there can help you with your settings. Read the link and info I posted earlier as well.

OP
OP
C

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, beginning of the week. The app could happen automatically but what concerns me is the firmware should not. Join the forum. People there can help you with your settings. Read the link and info I posted earlier as well.
Yeah so I definitely did not update that, then. I will do that. Thanks for your help. I did get it figured out, just super concerning that my pumps were not on for quite a while with no notice.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so I definitely did not update that, then. I will do that. Thanks for your help. I did get it figured out, just super concerning that my pumps were not on for quite a while with no notice.
The app will auto update if the device it is on is setup that way. The issue is the new app will not continue until you update the firmware. So the only way to access you unit once the new app was installed is to update the firmware but it will not do it automatically.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back