What the heck is these?

Icedtealeaf

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
17
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, I was just cleaning my tank when I spotted these weird things on the glass. There are 6 of them in a line and extremely small. I don't know what they are but I'm concerned. am i doomed? BTW this is a 6 week old tank and my first salt water tank. Any help is needed. Should i wipe them off the glass? also, I did have a Mejano that i tried to kill but I ended up removing the whole rock it was on. I don't think these are but is it possible they are small Mejano babies? their all grouped together so I don't know!!!
IMG_3629.jpeg
 
Medusa stage hydroids - they're common in newer tanks. Unless they're a photosynthetic species or you have enough pods for them to feed on in the tank, they should go away after a while.
Are they gonna negatively effect anything if they stay? I think ive got a tonnn of co pods, I think they are little white things that ate my diatoms ? They’re all over my glass and very tiny
 
Are they gonna negatively effect anything if they stay? I think ive got a tonnn of co pods, I think they are little white things that ate my diatoms ? They’re all over my glass and very tiny
They might; some hydroid species have some decently potent stings and may harm things they touch as a result, which can be a problem as they reproduce and grow in population.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new