What the????

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came come from work this afternoon and found one of my St. Thomas mushrooms all ballooned up. I did a fish and shrimp count and everything that I normally see is accounted for - I don't see the snapping shrimp very often and I can never get an accurate count on my hermits or snails.

Did she eat something? Is something else going on? I hope she isn't aggressive. I like my mushroom garden!

Mushrooms april 26 17.jpg
 
my fuzzy green rhodactis will do this occasionally if I bump it with my hand or doing after feeding or water changes. it's only happened about 4 times in 8 months that I've noticed. hope everything ends up alright for you
 
She was back to normal within a few hours. No sign of what she may have been eating.

I learn something new every day from this hobby. ;Joyful
 
My Ricordia balls up like that at night. Glad to hear yours went back to normal quickly!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new