What to consider when adding a second fire shrimp?

reeferdugong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys, im thinking of getting a second fire shrimp. Will it do well when the other fire shrimp already established it's territory? I added my first one like a month ago. Is there anything i should consider?
Thanks for all the help!

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will be fine. I don't know of a way to determine male/female on a fire shrimp...they all look sexy to me! But if there is any male/male aggression, then your tank is big enough for them to find their own space. Fire shrimp are typically very shy and like to hide away most of the time in one area.

OP
OP
reeferdugong

reeferdugong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for your time to reply! so i got a second one, probably around the same size. The first day of introduction, the new one got chased whenever he got too close to the established shrimp. It went on for more or less 2 days and now they’re like best buddies. Sometimes they’re next to each other, sometimes the new one just venture out elsewhere but they’re getting along just fine

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love fire shrimps too... in my case I didn't add a second one, but made a foolish (uninformed) move by adding a predatory fish... only found out much later after my fire shrimps mia everytime I add them... so, the fish stayed and no fire shrimps for me....learned it the hard way.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back