What to do before it's wet Reefer 250

Zwogle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For background, i'm upgrading my diy 33 gallon to a redsea reefer 250.
If you have one, what are the stock things you changed out, or wished you did before filling it up?

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For background, i'm upgrading my diy 33 gallon to a redsea reefer 250.
If you have one, what are the stock things you changed out, or wished you did before filling it up?
Auto top off is a joke. The 2.5 gal tank it comes with and float switch are garbage. I didn’t have those long and swapped it. The sump is just ok, get the job done, but someday may swap it. Other than that, love the tank

OP
OP
Zwogle

Zwogle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto top off is a joke. The 2.5 gal tank it comes with and float switch are garbage. I didn’t have those long and swapped it. The sump is just ok, get the job done, but someday may swap it. Other than that, love the tank
Odly I just did a diy gravity ATO on my current tank, got tired of ato's pumps and such failing.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mine. ATO is a little small, drinks some water but works great. Gate valve is fine, tuned it once and haven't touched it. . I like glass sumps.

Post pics.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back