Ok sounds like a plan

Ok i have been watching some videos about the second jaw it's pretty cool stuff

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wear a pair of these when working in your tank. They reach up to your armpit and are very flexible yet water tight. A pair last me about 6 months and then they get to smelling a little funky. Excellent for $11.

Atlas 772 Large Nitrile Chemical Resistant Gloves, 25", Yellow, 1-Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A9KI7W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_49F-yb9YME2TM

TheLadyCrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I handle my zoas/palys more than I probably should. As others have mentioned, ALWAYS wear gloves and eye wear at minimum. Be conscious of touching any of your mucus membranes (eyes, nose, mouth) and you should be ok.

If I'm fragging or cutting rock with them on it, I also wear one of those masks the hardware store sells for wood cutting/sanding just to be extra cautious.

Slickwill613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1571.GIF
IMG_1572.GIF

One or the other.

OP
OP
Datnerd14

Datnerd14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I will try to cover nose in mouth likely with a bandanna and eyes with goggles and arms with those gloves ,and sickwill I will probably say the second

Seyoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pass out the prayer-books...

Symptoms, metallic taste in the mouth, burning sensation in the skin, similar to stepping into too hot a shower when it initially feels cold. Get to ER fast. Paly toxin is second only to Ricin when it comes to toxicity. The second most deadly poison on Earth. That being said most of the time we only get a little bit. Handle with gloves and be careful.
If a Volt. Lionfish: Benedryl, sit it out. If allergic to Bee's run to hospital. Got stung twice, hot to cold feeling. Sting site, felt numb. Little woozy, but not allergic to Bee's.

Seyoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I handle my zoas/palys more than I probably should. As others have mentioned, ALWAYS wear gloves and eye wear at minimum. Be conscious of touching any of your mucus membranes (eyes, nose, mouth) and you should be ok.

If I'm fragging or cutting rock with them on it, I also wear one of those masks the hardware store sells for wood cutting/sanding just to be extra cautious.
I just keep hands clean and don't touch face, eyes and mouth.

Handling Live Rock that fresh out box, the cleaning process before putting in store Live Rock Purchasing tank. Only time in 15 yrs real got reaction.

Mainly more of an itch that feels like it gets deeper as you itch it.

OP
OP
Datnerd14

Datnerd14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a face shield like the" pyramex Capstone Clear Anti-Fog Lens And Face Shield" be fine along with those gloves recommended

Cody.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also had a small amount of paly toxin. Not fun. Always use eye protection and wash your hands immediately after fragging!

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. This thread is helpful. I've had a bump that looks similar to the picture above on my finger for a few days and can't figure out what it's from. No palys, only zoas and none of the other symptoms.
Besides Mycobacterium marinum there are a lot of other potentially pathogenic bacteria in a tank like Vibrio spp. and others. Usually if your immune system is working well it should keep the infection under control. Toxins of corals may have a pro-inflammatory effect.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back