What to do with Sick Alveopora

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a beautiful white and blue Alveopora a few weeks ago that looked great for the first week and then almost totally retracted into its skeleton for the past 2-3 weeks. It’s not dead, I can barely see a few polyps, but I know it’s in bad shape. Only parameter I really had off was low alk, which I’m dosing now. All my other corals are doing very well. Is there anything I should do to get this thing to turn the corner and not die? I was originally thinking just stabilize the water and it will spring back, but it’s been going on long enough now that I feel like I could be doing more. Not sure what should be my next step

djhke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as I had the same issue, only it happened after I dosed for alk. Few polyps are out, but most in the skeleton (but can still see their color).

OP
OP
His Coral Highness

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update. It survived but it’s not thriving like it once was. The polyps will come out every day but they barely extend now. And I think some of the polyps on the backside of it died. I know they’re a delicate coral.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back