What to do with the fish?

patrickjbuie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I live in Burnsville Minnesota and I have a 45 gallon tank that is basically live rock and a star polyp that has taken over the tank, which was on purpose. I need to break down the tank as I am selling my home. Long story short I don't know what to do with the fish. Here is the fish inventory:

1 Black Ocellaris Clown that is about 3-4 years old and about 4 inches long give or take, very pretty and healthy fish.
1 Yellow Tang that is about the same age, again very healthy.
1 Blue and Yellow Pigmy Angel that is around 2-3 years old
1 Six Line Wrasse, that is around 3-4 years old
1 File fish that is also around 3-4 years old.

All the fish are healthy, they eat like horses a couple of times a day on a steady supply of brine shrimp. I am hoping I can get some advice or if someone is interested in the fish I would be willing to let them go free of charge. I have someone who wants the rock and the polyps but not the fish.

I am hoping to find someone local but I would be willing to ship them as well.

Any advice would be most helpful.

thanks much,
Patrick

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you post in the selling thread, they will find new homes. The demand for fish on here is high.

bradyrollie4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I live in Burnsville Minnesota and I have a 45 gallon tank that is basically live rock and a star polyp that has taken over the tank, which was on purpose. I need to break down the tank as I am selling my home. Long story short I don't know what to do with the fish. Here is the fish inventory:

1 Black Ocellaris Clown that is about 3-4 years old and about 4 inches long give or take, very pretty and healthy fish.
1 Yellow Tang that is about the same age, again very healthy.
1 Blue and Yellow Pigmy Angel that is around 2-3 years old
1 Six Line Wrasse, that is around 3-4 years old
1 File fish that is also around 3-4 years old.

All the fish are healthy, they eat like horses a couple of times a day on a steady supply of brine shrimp. I am hoping I can get some advice or if someone is interested in the fish I would be willing to let them go free of charge. I have someone who wants the rock and the polyps but not the fish.

I am hoping to find someone local but I would be willing to ship them as well.

Any advice would be most helpful.

thanks much,
Patrick
Wish i seen this earlier. Im from Rochester, MN. You figure out your situation?

bradyrollie4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They haven't been back on R2R since they made that post, so I would say they did and didn't get back into the hobby after the move.
Hey can you help me with a question about tank cycling?

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a little write up I did a while ago about the cycle. Yes, as part of the cycle your nitrites will go up then your nitrates. Your nitrites will go down and level but nitrates will never go down unless you remove them from the tank.

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my tank cycles my nitrates/nitrites spike right? So I did a partial water change. They will level out when this part of the cycle passes right? In theory?
Check for ammonia, if there's no ammonia, check for nitrites, if there's no nitrites, check for nitrate's, if there is nitrate's, your tank is now established to add fish but had them slowly 2 by 2

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back