What to feed Emperor Angel?

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t know how old he is but he’s lost almost all of his juvenile look, only a small portion left.
I have been feeding nori sheets and he seems to pick at it. Got him a couple days ago. He also seems to pick at clams and possibly eat most of it. (Haven’t been able to tell yet. I see the meat is gone but not sure if he’s picked it off and it’s floating around (I have seen some chunks floating)

He does not seem to be interested in mysis shrimp.

I want to try silversides but don’t see many discussions on that for emperor angels. Worth trying?

Thanks to everyone for their help.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how old he is but he’s lost almost all of his juvenile look, only a small portion left.
I have been feeding nori sheets and he seems to pick at it. Got him a couple days ago. He also seems to pick at clams and possibly eat most of it. (Haven’t been able to tell yet. I see the meat is gone but not sure if he’s picked it off and it’s floating around (I have seen some chunks floating)

He does not seem to be interested in mysis shrimp.
I want to try silversides but don’t see many discussions on that for emperor angels. Worth trying?

Thanks to everyone for their help.
Just keep trying a varied diet and try soaking food a couple times a week with selcon. I feed my emperor a homemade mix of shrimp mysis TDO Chroma Boost pellets scallops salmon clams and whatever else is available at the store when I go. I feed nori on a clip daily. I’ve never heard of anyone feeding their emperor silversides and I’ve never tried it with mine so can’t really say if you should or shouldn’t but I would say it’s probably not worth the hassle.

OP
OP
SCH14

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just keep trying a varied diet and try soaking food a couple times a week with selcon. I feed my emperor a homemade mix of shrimp mysis TDO Chroma Boost pellets scallops salmon clams and whatever else is available at the store when I go. I feed nori on a clip daily. I’ve never heard of anyone feeding their emperor silversides and I’ve never tried it with mine so can’t really say if you should or shouldn’t but I would say it’s probably not worth the hassle.
I didn’t think of trying salmon, might be interested in doing that. I have a seafood market near me. I think I’ll try different stuff and see what happens. I guess I’ll keep the silversides for the clown trigger

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Emperor gave me a tough couple of weeks when I first got him. Me thinks Ocean Nutrition and Hikari have Angel formulas based on Sponges. That seemed to help at the time. Now I don't really care, The guy eats DIRT!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back