What to feed?

Taralynn23

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2024
Messages
39
Reaction score
10
Location
coraopolis
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a mixed reef, 2 clowns, 1 blue tang, 1 sailfin tang, 1 foxface, 2 cardinals, 1 flame angel, 1 mandarin goby, 1 dottyback -- we also have a mix of corals. But, I am curious as to what fish diet you feed weekly. Currently, I give them a seaweed strip in the mornings, and then we feed 2 frozen cubes thawed in tank water at night around 8pm.

I have been reading a lot about Soaking seaweed in Selcon *which we are waiting for delivery* and then some people make up food for the week and keep in the fridge for easy grab and go, some do dry foods one night then next night frozen. What are some good tips tricks for quality feedings? What vitamins should I add to support immune system?

attaching our guy Jack for attention <3

20240317_213742.jpg
 
I feed frozen LRS once a day. Selcon or vitachem for vitamins. I fed two sheets (atleast) of nori soaked in garlic a day back when i had my bigger tank with tangs
 
Good staple foods are frozen mysis and frozen spirulina brine. Supplement with nori seaweed. You can buy nori at the grocery store. Its used for sushi wraps. Everything else beyond these 3 is just gravy in my opinion. Successfully kept many fish including tangs, clownfish, wrasse, mandarin, anthias, and goby’s on this diet for 8 years now with no issues.

Most frozen foods by the reputable brands are already fortified with vitamins so soaking it in more is not necessary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new