what to use on 40gal breeder

tankaholic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
2,615
Reaction score
892
Location
Sarasota, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 40 gallon breeder tank and was wondering what powerhead would work the best. And should I use one or 2?

Thanks in advance
Betty
 
2X MP-10 WQD and XF130
 
DSC_2125-01-01.jpeg
I have a Rw 8 as my main current and a rw4 as a opposing current.
Mostly running 2 so there's no dead spots in my tank
 
I would go with a pair of 6040's, they are controllable and ideal for smaller tanks because they mount low behind the rockwork and are easily concealed.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new