What to use to mount current eflux wave pump to glass?

Mustangtodd97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby. Setting up my 1st saltwater reef tank. I have a 45 gallon (36"x 12"x 24") tank which is mounted in a wall. It was already existing (formerly freshwater) when I moved in. I have the current loop system w/ 2 of the small eflux wave pumps. Long story short, Due to the wall and my set up, I can only use the magnet to mount one of the 2 pumps. The other needs to be either glued or epoxyed to the inside of the glass tank. It needs it to be secure, yet able to be removed without damaging the glass (in case I move in a couple of years). I would appreciate suggestions on what to use... Also need suggestions on the best thing to glue or epoxy plastic with. I am making a DIY refugium from an Aquaclear 70 filter. Thanks in advance for the help!

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't sound like a good idea. Can you post a pic of the installation that illustrates the problem area? Maybe a full tank shot too. Hopefully there's a way you can get by without a pump on that wall.....pics will help us help you. :)

OP
OP
Mustangtodd97

Mustangtodd97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it will be impossible to use the magnet due to protien skimmer, studs, and wall in the way. Tank already has sand and water in it so trying to use magnet isn't going to work.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 93 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back