What was the best black friday equipment deal you found this year?

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please respond with the best deal you found on reef related equipment, what the sale price was, and what the original price was. And if allowed... the site you found the deal on. To hopefully show people where they should look next year.

I looked everywhere for the last 2 weeks for a black friday level sale. Was willing to spend up to $1,000 on equipment if I found any good deals... the only thing I bought was a few ph probes and a bag of di resin. The best deal I got was on hw marine salt normally $90 a box, I got a few for $60-70 each.

I couldn't find anything that looked like a once a year good deal. I remember when black friday was actual one day... and black friday sales were at least 25% off... often going up to 75% off with furniture and electronics. Now we get 2 weeks of basic every day sales of 10-20%

Even the clearance prices today are not priced to "clear" the inventory.

Before someone says the economy is different now... I was able to find generators and truck parts between $600-1000 for $100-200 off As well as very good deal on non reef related furniture and electronics.

Last edited:

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Reef octopus 150 int skimmer from BRS for $200 off (think 35% off?). Though many other suppliers had it for the same price. BRS had tons of good sales especially on certain days throughout the week.

scottberto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nero 5 for 20% off. Was going to get regardless so I did it earlier than expected to save a few bucks. Nothing too special

OP
OP
Smoke-Town

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you guys got decent deals. Surprised at how few responses so far. Figured everyone on Reef2reef bought stuff... but maybe the deals were as bad as I feel like they were and no one else got a good enough deal to want to share?

I'm trying to keep my glass half full and assume that im just not a very savvy shopper... but it's looking more and more like we should be focusing on our other hobbies or needs during black friday... the reef industry is not kind to its consumers

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the avast marine autofeeder for 20% off and the maxspect gyre XF350's for 30% off. I was looking to purchase these anyway so the sales worked out well for me. I didn't really need anything else so that was it.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saved a ton of money on buying absolutely nothing! :p

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some stuff from auto top off. Paid full price but still the best and cheapest gear for setting up ato. Had the profilux mega set in my brs cart saving $300 but they changed the price to only saving $200when I tried to check out. wo with the set and probes I would have bought I spent 75 bucks instead of like 1500 bucks.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a few things I had been waiting to buy but needed anyway: new filters and membrane for my RO, hannah Ukraine phosphate checker and a sicce nano stream. Besides that most of the deals I saw weren't amazing.

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apogee MQ-510 Par meter was 20% off at BRS for one day only. I've been wanting one forever and figured I'd never find one new again at that price. The next day I saw it at Premium Aquatics for 25% off, uuuuggghh.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back