What will eat filimentatious algae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hrdneglcry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. So I don't have a bad filiementatious algae problem and in one of my tanks something did take it down. But in my 120 I have a nice rock that keeps having it grow inside of it. The rock has lots of holes. I have Turbo Snails, red and blue dwarf hermits, white striped hermits, Cerith snails and an Emeral crab. Its the type of alage the has the frond like apendages. I do pull it myself but it clogs up my filters if I can't grab it out of the water column after I pull it. Since its growing inside the rock I can't get it all out. Any other cuc might be able to knock it out? In my 90 I had a lot. I pulled a lot but something ate it there before. I thought maybe it was Coral Beauty but not sure.
 
Pictures?
3CDD05ED-A16F-4EF5-83F4-5EDEA6BE8E22.jpeg
 
My tangs won't touch that but my urchin would.

What are your nitrate and phosphate numbers?

Getting those under control will help.
I know Vibrant has gotten a bad rap lately but I had two huge GHA breakouts and it eliminated it both times with no Ill effect.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new